Fume Booth Filler for Drum & Totes
A palletized drum and tote filling machine is built within a protective fume booth made from stainless steel. It has air operated guillotine doors, clear plastic windows, and a nitrogen purging station. A pivoting panel has flexible walls and rubber gloves.
Product Details: Item No. 803
Rate: Up to 40 drums per hour
Container: 55 gallon drums and 330 gallon IBC’s
Material: Stainless steel construction, all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
Here is a custom made, semi-automatic, palletized drum and tote filling system contained within a special fume booth. To begin with, everything is made of stainless steel. The entry and discharge points have air operated guillotine doors with clear plastic windows. Two operator work stations are built within the booth; a de-bunging and nitrogen purging station, and the drum and tote filler, plus bung and capping station.
The see-through panels are Lexan. A pivoting panel at each station has flexible walls and rubber gloves to allow the operator to safely lean into the booth to remove bungs, purge containers, align the lance to each container, and when finished, place bungs and caps onto filled containers.
The system operates with four powered roller conveyors. Air operated guillotine doors open and close upon a signal from the operator. A set of rubber gloves is provided for each of the two operations. The platform for the filler operator is the only piece not made from stainless steel.
Description of Operation
This is a custom made filler and fume booth made from stainless steel. It is both, a semi-automatic and top-fill lance, drum and tote filling system.
- This system handles a pallet with four 55 gallon drums or a single 330 gallon tote
- The pallet load, or single tote, is deposited on the infeed conveyor by a forklift
- The conveyor starts by a pushbutton at the filler operator’s station
- The clear plastic guillotine door opens for the load to convey into the first station
- The guillotine door closes after the load arrives at the first station
- The operator removes the bung from each drum then purges each container
- By push button, the load advances to the fill station
- At the fill station, the operator guides the lance to one of four drums to be filled
- By pressing the start button, the fill cycle begins
- The computer will automatically zero the tare weight before the fill cycle begins
- When filled, the operator (with the gloves) places bungs onto the containers
- The operator then presses a button for the back door to open
- Both inside and outside conveyors start for the load to convey out
- The cycle repeats for a pallet of 55 gallon drums, or a single 330 gallon tote
This machine is custom-made, all-stainless steel filler in a fume booth designed for a pallet of four 55 gallon drums or a single 330 gallon tote.
- Lance and all wetted parts made with 316 stainless steel
- The scale is a 5,000 lb capacity platform type
- The controller is Allen Bradley PLC with 250 product menus
- Touch screen is an Allen Bradley multi-color Panel View
- Controls are mounted in a NEMA 12 enclosure
- The scale and weight meter are both NTEP approved
- Two, full-port ball valves to control product hammering
- An air cylinder raises and lowers the filling lance
- Air operated drip pan with UHMW wiper ring
- RS-232 port for optional data acquisition and printer
- Automatic abort if lance is not aligned with bung opening
- Thermal operator gloves with sealed panels
- Air operated full cover drum hood to prevent splash-back
- Infeed and discharge powered conveyors with air motors
- Windows on top, sides and front
- Air-operated, slide-back entry and exit doors
- Adjustable plate for ventilation and maintenance access doors
- Enclosed light with see-through panel
- Special exhaust connection inside booth
- The rugged frame is welded structural, stainless steel