Fume Booth Drum Filler
When filling hazardous chemicals, a fume booth provides operator safety shielding the operator from toxic fume, acids and flammable chemicals. This custom made filler-in-a- fume booth was designed to fill small batches of hot, viscous and toxic liquids into twenty gallon fiber drums.
Product Details: Item No. 801
Rate: Up to 50 drums per hour, depending on product viscosity
Container: 15 to 55 gallon steel, plastic or fiber drums
Material: Carbon or stainless steel construction, all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
When filling hazardous chemicals, a fume booth allows the most amount of operator safety because it shields operators from toxic fume, acids and flammable chemicals. This custom made filler-in-a- fume booth was designed to fill small batches of hot, viscous and toxic liquids into twenty gallon, open-top fiber drums. The fill lance is heated to 275 degrees to allow the thick liquid to flow smoothly through the valves and lance. A fume booth filling system can be made for 5 gallon to 550 gallon containers.
Description of Operation
This is a custom-made filler in a fume booth for a drum filling operation.
- The operator presses a button to allow the door to open and the conveyor to start
- An empty drum conveys into the fill station and stops upon contact with a photo eye
- The entry pneumatic door automatically closes upon a signal that the drum has arrived
- The operator presses the start on the front panel to begin the fill cycle
- An air operated, special round hood lowers over the mouth of the drum and sides
- The controller automatically zeros the tare weight before beginning of fill cycle
- When filling is complete, the air cylinder of the lance retracts to its home position
- The air operated special hood also retracts to its home position
- Using the thermal gloves, the operator places then seals a lid on the drum
- By push button, the pneumatic exit door opens and the powered conveyor starts up
- The sealed container conveys forward to the labeling station and stops
- The pneumatic door closes and the operator calls for another drum
This is a custom made, top-filling operation. A sub-surface filling machine can be used as well.
- Both valves and lance are made from Hastelloy
- Electric heat jacketed and thermostat controlled lance and manifold
- Platform scale is 1,000 lb. capacity
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC
- Touch screen, Allen Bradley color Panel View
- Communications port for interface with Drum Filler in the Cloud
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- NEMA 7 panel rated class 1, div 1
- Air cylinder raises and lowers the lance
- Automatic zero of tare weight before filler starts
- A pull-out and sealed overflow pan under filler
- Air-operated full cover drum hood to prevent splash-back
- Infeed and discharge powered conveyors with air motors
- Thermal gloves and windows on the top, sides and the front
- Air-operated and sealed slide-back entry and exit doors
- Adjustable-position plate for inlet ventilation
- Enclosed light with see-through panel
- Special exhaust connection inside the booth
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.