Dual Lance Pail Filler
Product Details: Item No. 113
Rate: 8 to 10 pails per minute, depending on liquid viscosity
Container: 4 to 7 gallon pails, jugs, cans, etc.
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction, all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
This semi-automatic pail filling machine will maximize the filling of five gallon jugs by one operator filling two containers simultaneously. This system contains two pail fillers built on a common chassis, each with its own scale, weight meter, touch screen, and controller. The operator will press two buttons to fill both jugs simultaneously. The jugs are accumulated before the fillers, so that empty containers are always available to the operator. All the necessary controls to operate the fillers are mounted in front of the operator. If different shaped containers are to be filled, a swing-down template can be provided to capture the container, to assure the bung openings are lined up under each lance.
Description of Operation
This system is made with two standard PF-510 pail fillers built on a common chassis.
- These are both independent, top-fill and sub-surface pail fillers
- Two accumulated containers are pulled into the twin filling stations
- The operator sets each container under a lance
- A swing-down template is available to position different shaped jugs
- By pressing both start buttons, both lances travel into the containers
- The controller will automatically zero the tare weight before starting the fill cycles
- When the weight is reached, each lance retracts automatically ending the fill cycle
- The dual lance filler rate for 5 gallon containers, using water, is 8 to 10 pails per minute depending on the liquid viscosity
This dual lance filling system is made with two standard PF-510 pail fillers built on a common chassis each with its own scale, weight meter, touch screen, and controller. Each filling machine is a top and sub-surface filler.
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless steel
- Two infeed full-port ball valves prevent product hammering
- Each scale is 200 lb capacity
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC with 250 product menu
- Touch screen is an Allen Bradley color Panel View
- RS-232 port for optional data acquisition and printer connection
- NTEP approved weight meter and load cells
- NEMA 4 standard enclosure, others optional
- Automatic zero tare weight before filling starts
- Pneumatically operated drip pan
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Filler won’t start without container present
- Automatic abort if lance is not aligned with bung opening
- Rugged, all-welded stanchion and lance carriage
Machine fills two, 5 gallon pails with water in 12 seconds at 80 gpm product flow input.