Quad Drum Filler
The quad filler is designed to fill four 55 gallon drums sequentially. The most common applications for a four-lance filling machine are; when filling slow moving liquids, when filling open-mouth containers, and when the operator has to work at other functions during the automatic, filling cycle.
Product Details: Item No. 106
Capacity: 4 drums per pallet or an IBC
Container: 55 gallon drums or 275 gallon IBC
Rate: 1 drum/min depending on viscosity
Material: Carbon or stainless steel construction, all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
The quad filler is designed to fill four 55 gallon drums sequentially. The reason for sequential filling is, after each drum is filled, the scale must zero out the tare weight before the start of the next drum filling cycle. The most common applications for a four-lance filling machine are; when filling slow moving liquids, when filling open-mouth containers, and when you want the operator to work at other functions during the automatic, four-drum filling cycle. Once the drums are aligned and the operator presses the start button, all four drums will be filled automatically, in sequence. This means the operator has ample time to perform other duties.
Description of Operation
The machine is a model DF-5540-4L, top-fill, quad filler for 55 gallon drums. If conveyors are used, pallets automatically convey to and from the filling station. If open-head drums are used, the filling system can be set to run automatically. Otherwise, the operator aligns the bung opening under each lance, or uses a template.
- By pressing start, the four lance manifold inserts the lances into the four drums
- The filler will automatically zero the tare weight before the fill cycle begins, in sequence
- After each drum is filled, the scale resets to zero tare weight, to fill the next drum by weight
- The four lance manifold retracts automatically ending the four drum fill cycle
- The operator will push a button to drive out the full loads and drive in more empties
This quad filler is a top-fill only machine for filling 55 gallon drums. If open-head drums are used, filling can run automatically.
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless steel
- Four 316 stainless lances are on one welded manifold
- Two full-port ball valves control product hammering
- Scale is 5,000 lb capacity platform type
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC
- Touch screen, Allen Bradley color Panel View
- Air operated quad drip pan with UHMW wiper rings
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- NEMA 4 standard enclosure, others optional
- Communications port for interface with Drum Filler in the Cloud
- Will automatically zero the tare weight before each fill cycle
- Air cylinder raises and lowers the lance manifold
- Automatic abort if a lance is not aligned with a bung opening
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Fills four drums in 3.5 minutes with water at 80 gallons per minute product flow
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.