Portable Drum & Tote Filler
This unique portable drum and tote filling machine is built on a special fork-truck-able base designed for batch filling operations at multiple filling stations. As a top and sub-surface filler it handles a pallet of drums or a single IBC/tote ranging from 5 to 550 gallons.
Product Details: Item No. 1291
Capacity: 3, 4, or 5 drums per pallet or an IBC
Container: 5 to 55 gallon drums or 275 to 550 gallon IBC’s, containers 20” to 80” tall
Material: Carbon or stainless steel construction, all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
Here is a portable drum and tote filling machine mounted on a special fork-truck-able base. The PDF-5540 is designed for batch filling operations at multiple filling stations throughout the plant. Containers must be unloaded by fork truck or any other appropriate device.
This is both a top and sub-surface filling machine. The inner mast within the filler stanchion rises up and down to adjust the boom and filling lance to the height of any container which ranges from 5 to 550 gallon, or 20″ to 80″ tall. All the necessary controls to operate the filler are on the handle in front of the operator.
The video below shows the operation of a standard palletized drum and tote filler.
Description of Operation
This is a model PDF-5540, portable drum and tote filling machine.
- Once the machine is set down, it requires hook-up of the product infeed line, an air line, and a power source to plug into
- Once set in place on the floor, the set-up time is estimated at 10 to 12 minutes
- The operator presses a button on the handle to release the boom to guide the lance to the bung opening of any drum or container he chooses
- The operator releases the button and the boom is automatically locked in place
- By pressing the start button on the handle the lance travels into the container
- The machine automatically zeros the tare weight then starts the fill cycle
- Nears the top, the cycle shifts to slow fill to top off and minimize foaming
- The lance retracts automatically when the determined weight is achieved
- Pressing the button again releases the boom to guide the lance to the next drum
- The fill rate is 45 seconds to fill a 55 gallon drum with water, at 80 gallons per minute
This PDF-5540 is both a top-fill and sub-surface filling machine.
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless
- Two infeed full-port ball valves control product hammering
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- Controller, Allen Bradley PLC – Touch screen, Allen Bradley color, Panel View
- Communications port for interface with Drum Filler in the Cloud
- Air cylinder raises and lowers the lance carriage
- Three speed filling cycle, slow/fast/shot, if needed
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Air operated drip pan and UHMW wiper ring
- Automatic zero tare weight before filling
- Automatic abort if lance is not aligned with bung opening
- 5,000 lb cap. platform scale
- NEMA 4 control panel
- Special, welded structural steel base with fork truck cut-outs
- Leveling pads, each with a screw crank and bubble indicator for easy leveling
- Two flip-up outrigger stabilizers for additional stability, if needed
- Dimensions, approx. 9′ wide x 8″ long x 11′ high – Weight is 3,300 lbs
- Fills a 55 gallon drum with water in 45 seconds at 80 gallons per minute input
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.