This palletized filling machine was modified to fill a plastic bag in a bulk box. The container may be a corrugated box, a plastic bin, or a collapsible bin. The modification is a special foot valve at the end of the lance to make the liquid flow like a faucet to eliminate wrinkles in the bag during the filling operation.
Product Details: Item No. 104
Rate: 12 containers per hour, depending on viscosity
Container: 275 gallon corrugated container with an internal plastic bag
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction, all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
Product contamination was the reason for this customer to fill a corrugated box with a plastic liner in it. This palletized filling machine was modified to fill a plastic bag placed into a bulk box. However, the container may be a corrugated box, a plastic bin, or a collapsible bin. The primary modification is a special foot valve at the end of the lance to make the liquid flow like a faucet instead of a shower. This spread-out flow of liquid eliminates wrinkles in the bag during the filling operation. Without it, the bag would likely collapse into the box. All the necessary controls to operate the filler and scale conveyor are on the handle in front of the operator.
Description of Operation
The filler is a modified model DF-5540 top and sub-surface filling machine.
- A plastic bag with a two inch diameter throat is contained within the corrugated box
- The operator aligns the boom and lance over the throat/bung opening
- By pressing the start button, the lance enters the bag
- The controller will automatically zero the tare weight before filling begins
- A special foot valve on the lance allows liquid to flow like a faucet, rather than a shower
- The faucet flow limits the foaming and removes the wrinkles of the bag during the fill cycle
- When completed, the lance rises automatically to its home position
- The operator discharges the load and another conveys onto the filling station
The filler is a standard model DF-5540 top and sub-surface filling machine modified to control the flow of liquid with multi-speed capability and a special foot valve at the end of the filling lance.
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless steel
- Two infeed, full-port ball valves to control product hammering
- Scale is a 5,000 lb capacity platform type
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC with 250 product menu
- Touch screen is an Allen Bradley color Panel View
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- NEMA 4 standard enclosure, others optional
- RS-232 port for optional data acquisition & printer connection
- Three speed filling cycles, slow/fast/shot, if needed
- Will automatically zero tare the weight before filling starts
- Air operated drip pan with a UHMW wiper ring
- Fume hood under the lance housing for vapor collection
- Heavy duty brakes for boom position locking
- Lance automatically aborts at obstruction
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Rugged, all-welded structural steel, painted stanchion
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged.