Item No. 305
In this application, corrugated sheets were applied to every pallet before they are loaded with sensitive electronic parts. The operation will pick up a corrugated sheet from an 18″ high stack sitting in a collection bin, and deposit it onto a waiting pallet, every two minutes. This fully automatic slip sheet dispenser was built to run twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
The system shown above consists of five major components; (1) the automatic pallet dispenser that feeds the machine, (2) an air operated overhead shuttle that carries the vacuum carriage back and forth, (3) an up/down four cup, vacuum assembly that picks-up the sheets, (4) a collection bin for the stack of corrugated sheets, and (5) the discharge pallet conveyor.
Specialty Equipment manufacturers the highest quality pallet conveyors and machinery. Many of the systems are custom made, but all the equipment built carries with it a well known reputation for rugged, long lasting construction.
Description of Operation
- The automatic pallet dispenser sends a pallet to a waiting station
- Upon arrival, it signals a shuttle overhead to activate
- The shuttle moves across the rails and stops over a bin of corrugated sheets
- a vacuum cup assembly lowers onto the stack of sheets
- A sheet is picked up and signals the shuttle to move
- The shuttle conveys to the pallet position and stops
- The sheet is lowered onto the pallet and released
- The vacuum assembly raises and stops, awaiting another cycle
- A signal is sent to start the floor conveyor to discharge the pallet
- A new pallet is then discharged from the pallet dispenser.
- The cycle repeats
- The pallet dispenser has a 20 pallet magazine
- Dispenser can send a pallet out every 20 seconds
- Dispenser has a scissors lift between a two strand conveyor
- Floor conveyor is a chain driven live roller
- System is controlled by an Allen Bradley PLC
- All controls are enclosed in a NEMA 12 panel.
- Shuttle has four vacuum cups and four wheels
- Pneumatic cylinder raises and lowers the carriage
- Shuttle back & forth is actuated by an air cylinder
- Body construction, 4″ square tubing, welded structure.
- Shuttle carriage uses welded 4″ square tubing
- Fully assembled, wired, piped, and tested machine
Additional Equipment Available
- Palletized drum & tote filler
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Quad drum fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Drum palletizers
- Custom made fume booths
- Custom handling equipment