Item No. 422
Live Roller Pallet Transfer
Picking up and making a 90 degree transfer with a 2,500 lb pallet onto another conveyor is a common event in a pallet conveying system. Typically, there are two ways to make the transfer. One way is with a roller transfer, where the pallet is on a three strand chain conveyor then stops, and is lifted it up and transferred by a powered roller conveyor, (shown above). The other is to receive the pallet on the roller conveyor and lift it up with the three strand chain conveyor then transfer it 90 degrees. The choice is determined by the pallet type and number of bottom boards. Roller conveyor is best used when pallet boards are going the right-way, like skis, in the direction of travel. Chain conveyors best are used when the bottom boards are going the wrong-way.
When handling pallets, chain transfers are a better alternative to turntables and power curves, because of safety, load stability and less space required. However, once transferred from a roller conveyor, the pallet will be running in the wrong-way direction, or vice versa.
Specialty Equipment builds fillers, conveyors and special devices from structural steel, with stanchions, frames and supports welded together to make each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- The live roller transfer shown can transfer loads coming and going, left or right.
- A pallet will convey to the end of the chain conveyor
- The load, in this case, is meant to ram the barrier at the end, to square it up.
- A time delay photo eye stops the chains after a few seconds.
- The roller transfer is signaled for the four air bags to be inflated
- The load is raised off the chains until the lift contacts an upper limit switch
- A signal is given to start the powered roller conveyor running
- When the load passes the next photo eye a signal is sent
- The air bags will deflate leaving the load on the next chain conveyor
- The chains are signaled to start up to transport the load
- The unit shown above is a live roller transfer
- The transfer is a 5’ long, raise/lower, chain driven live roller
- The transfer uses 2.5” diameter rollers on 5” centers
- Roller & chain conveyors both use 1/2 HP gear motors
- Roller conveyor frames are 5” structural channels.
- Transfer has a welded, structural steel sub frame
- Sub frame has four heavy duty air bags.
- Air piping, two solenoids and photo eyes are included.
- Chain conveyor has three strands of 2060 double pitch chain
- Adjustable floor supports are welded to the conveyor frames.
- Adjustable channel barrier is mounted at the end and side
Additional Equipment Available
- Heavy duty pallet dispenser
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Stainless steel fume booths
- Drum tippers & dumpers
- Pail palletizers
- Drum palletizers
- Custom handling equipment