Item No. 424
Stainless Gravity Roller Conveyors
Gravity roller conveyors are the least expensive means of transporting and accumulating heavy loads like drums, pallets, bins, or totes, ranging from 250 to 10,000 lbs. This stainless conveyor section was built for accumulating and escaping pallet loads of full drums after a liquid filling station. It is a three zone gravity accumulator with air operated pallet escapements to separate the 2,300 lb loads from contact. This pallet conveyor, with two air operated escapements, was built for a food grade application constantly washed down. Specialty Equipment also built the stainless steel drum filler. .
Specialty Equipment prides itself in building the most rugged stainless steel fillers and conveyors in the industry. All fillers and conveyors are built with stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- A pallet load is discharged from the filling station.
- The pallet conveys freely to the end of the conveyor, awaiting pick-up.
- When a load is waiting, an air operated pallet stop raises behind it, to hold back the second load.
- This hold-back also relieves any pressure on the end pallet when being picked up
- When the second pallet stops at the hold-back, a signal is sent to hold back the third.
- The third pallet conveys to the next available position and is held back until a pick up is made.
- Rollers, bearings, sprockets, and axles are all stainless
- Frames are 6″ deep stainless steel channels
- Floor supports are 4″ channels welded to the frames.
- Rollers are 2.5″ diameter with 11/16″ hex axles
- Rollers are spaced 4″ on centers
- Heavy duty air bags are used to raise pallet stops
- Conveyor is rated for 2,500 lbs per linear foot.
Additional Equipment Available
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless fume booths
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & Transfer cars
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Custom handling equipment