Item No. 805
Robot Loading Station
Here is a perfect example of a custom designed and built system. This is a bulk box loading station, otherwise known as a BAD, a “Box Alignment Device.” It serves a high speed robot that will fill the box with 80 lb rubber bales.
In the first photo, the air operated arms, clamps and other positioning devices are retracted to their home position. When a bulk box is conveyed into the machine, the twin arms swing down to square up and position the front end of the box. The conveyor is synchronized with a common powered drive shaft, transferred to the other side by a solid roller. Once squared in the front, the end clamps then close in on the box, pushing it to the right side, to square up the side.
The second photo shows the empty box captured in place, squared up at one end and one side, and held firmly in place, ready to be filled by the customer’s robot. The machine then signals the robot to start loading the box with rubber bales that have been accumulated on a special roller conveyor, also made by Specialty Equipment.
Description of Operation
- A made-up bulk box conveys into the B.A.D. machine
- The conveyor has a common, solid drive shaft to transfer power to the other side.
- An air operated squaring device is normally up to stop the front end of the box
- A pair of air cylinders pushes a side bar into the box to square up one side of the box
- Air operated arms pivot into position on both sides of the box
- A pneumatic cylinder activates to pull the front and rear plates to capture the box
- A signal is then sent to the computer of the box loading robot to start
- When completed, the robot signals the B.A.D. machine to free-up the box.
- The normally-up front squaring device is then lowered
- The double clamps retract the end plates then swing back to free the box
- When completed, a signal is sent to the roller conveyor to start.
Additional Equipment Available
- Pallet conveyors & transfers
- Roller, chain & belt conveyors
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & Transfer cars
- Fume booths for dry & liquid fillers
- Custom made handling equipment