Automatic Four Drum Filler ADF-5540
Product Details: Item No. 1294
Rate: 4 drums every 5 minutes or 48 drums per hour depending on the viscosity of the liquid
Container: 30 to 55-gallon steel, fiber, or poly drums
Material: Carbon or stainless steel construction all wetted parts use 316 stainless steel
This model ADF-5540, automatic four drum filler is designed to fill four 30 to 55-gallon drums, one at a time, with or without a pallet. This automatic filler will achieve a production rate four 55 gallon drums every five minutes, depending on liquid viscosity. The lance will automatically find the bung opening of each drum and all four drums will be filled in sequence. Although a 55-gallon drum can be filled, (with water) in less than 60 seconds, the five minute cycle rate is determined by the pallet of four drums entering, filling and discharging the filling station.
Description of Operation
This automatic filling machine is a model ADF-5540, top-fill and sub-surface filler for a group of 30 to 55-gallon drums. A pre-arranged set of drums will automatically convey to and from the filling station, with or without a pallet. The bung plugs will be removed prior to the load arriving at the filing station.
- Once a set of drums is filled, they are automatically conveyed out of the fill station
- An operator will replace the bung plugs while the next group of drums is being filled
- A new set of empty drums conveys into the fill station and signals the conveyor to stop
- A visual sensor will look for the bung opening of the first container
- The filler will automatically zero tare each drum weight before the fill cycle begins
- The lance will retract then search for the next empty drum to fill
- The group of drums automatically convey out of the filling station allowing a new group to enter
This automatic four drum filler is a top and sub-surface filling machine for 30 to 55 gallon drums.
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless steel
- 316 stainless steel lance and valves
- Two full-port ball valves control any water hammering
- Air cylinder raises and lowers the lance
- Scale is 5,000 lb. capacity platform type
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC
- Touch screen is an Allen Bradley color Panel View
- Air operated drip pan with UHMW wiper rings
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- NEMA 4 standard enclosure, others optional
- RS-232 port for optional data acquisition and printer connection
- Will automatically zero the tare weights before each drum fill cycle
- Automatic abort if the lance is not properly aligned with a bung opening
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Fills four 55-gallon drums in about 5 minutes with water at 80 gallons per minute input
- Cycle rate is determined by drums entering, filling and discharging the filling station
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.