Live Roller Pallet Transfer
Product Details: Item No. 422
Capacity: 3,000 lbs per unit load
Use: For transferring loads from a chain conveyor to a roller conveyor if the bottom surface of the load will work on both
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction
Typically, there are two ways to make ta 90 degree transfer of a 2,500 lb. pallet load. One way is with a roller transfer, where the pallet is on a three strand chain conveyor then stops, and is lifted it up and transferred by a powered roller conveyor, (shown above). The other is to receive the pallet on the roller conveyor and lift it up with the three strand chain conveyor then transfer it 90 degrees. The choice is determined by the pallet type and number of bottom boards.
Roller conveyor is best used when pallet boards are going the right-way, like skis, in the direction of travel. Chain conveyors are best used when the bottom boards are going the wrong-way. However, once transferred, the pallet will be running in the wrong-way direction. In order to maintain pallet orientation, a turntable would be used.
Description of Operation
This type of conveyor is used to transfer loads from a chain conveyor to a roller conveyor, so long as the bottom surface of the load will work on both.
- The live roller transfer can handle loads coming and going, left or right
- A pallet will convey to the end of a chain conveyor
- The load is meant to ram the barrier at the end to square it up
- A time delay photo eye stops the chains after a few seconds
- The roller transfer is signaled for the four air bags to be inflated
- The load is raised off the chains until the lift contacts an upper limit switch
- A signal is given to start the powered roller conveyor running
- When the load passes the next photo eye a signal is sent
- The air bags will deflate leaving the load on the next chain conveyor
- The chains are signaled to start up to transport the load
- The transfer rate for a 3,000 lb. load is 15 seconds
This type of conveyor is used to transfer loads from a chain conveyor to a roller conveyor, so long as the bottom surface of the load will work on both conveyors.
- The transfer is a 5’ long, raise/lower, chain driven live roller
- The transfer uses 2.5” diameter rollers on 5” centers
- Roller and chain conveyors both use 1/2 HP gear motors
- Roller conveyor frames are 5” structural channels
- Transfer has a welded, structural steel sub frame
- Sub frame has four heavy duty air bags.
- Air piping, two solenoids and photo eyes are included
- Chain conveyor has three strands of 2060 double pitch chain
- Adjustable floor supports are welded to the conveyor frames
- Adjustable channel barrier is mounted at the end and side