Gravity Conveyor for Pallet Jacks
Product Details: Item No. 150
Capacity: 3,000 lbs per pallet or IBC load
Use: For conveying and accumulating pallets, IBC’s, totes, bins, etc.
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction
- Description of Operation
- Technical Specifications
- More Alternative Equipment
- Product Details
When you don’t have a conventional fork lift, or when space won’t allow fork truck access, you can use a hand pallet jack to pick-up or drop-off heavy loads. This custom made gravity roller conveyor uses 2.5″ diameter rollers for loads up to 3,000 lbs. A ramp must be used to gain elevation and provide a level surface for the pallet load to be at the same level as the pallet jack forks. If a ramp is not available, these conveyors can be placed in a pit in the floor, thereby making the load level with the floor for easy pick up with a pallet jack.
Description of Operation
This gravity roller conveyor must have a ramp-up then-level surface used with the application.
- If a ramp is not available, a pit in the floor will suffice to mount the conveyor
- The pallet must have bottom runners (skis) in the direction of travel
- The operator pushes the pallet jack into the pick up station
- The operator captures the pallet load from the roller surface
- The pallet jack moves back down the ramp
- The same functions are used for dropping off a pallet load
- If mounted in a pit, the operation is simply a drive-in, drive-out process
This is a model 2511 gravity roller conveyor, made from three sections and is typically pitched from 1/4” to 1/2” per foot slope depending on the weight and bottom surface of the pallet, bin, or tote being conveyed.
- The two outer sections are 10” between frames gravity roller conveyor
- The inner rail is a 6” between frames gravity roller conveyor
- Conveyor frames are 6″ structural steel channels and 5” angles
- The inner rail is 4″ structural steel angle, welded to frames
- Supports are 4″ structural steel channels welded to the frames
- Rollers are 2.5″ dia. with 11/16″ hex axles
- Rollers are spaced on 3” or 4″ centers
- Welded end stops are included.
- Conveyor is rated for 2,000 lbs per linear foot
All conveyors are built with frames and supports welded together, making each section a superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.