Product Details: Item No. 414
Rate: 60 drums per hour, up to 1,000 lbs each
Container: 30 to 55 gallon steel, plastic or fiber drums
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction
A wig-wag diverter can move a full drum to one side because the diverter arm is assisted by a powered roller conveyor. The wig-wag diverter actually operates like a turnstile. As a full drum moves forward on the powered roller conveyor, the arm guides it to one side by. As the drum moves past the “Y” tail, the drum sends the diverter arm to the opposite side. This positions the arm to guide the next drum to the other side. The back and forth motion drives filled drums left then right then left then right, and so on, onto two (not shown) gravity roller accumulation lanes. Drums up to 1,000 lbs can accumulate side by side at the end of the accumulation lines for fork-truck pickup.
Description of Operation
A Wig-Wag diverter must be used with a powered roller conveyor.
- Incoming filled drums enter the wig-wag diverter under power
- The diverter arm, resting against a stop, guides the drum across the wide powered conveyor
- As the drum passes the tail end of the diverter it makes the arm pivot to the opposite side
- A tension spring assists the arm to the next pole position
- The drum continues to convey onto a gravity roller conveyor
- The next full drum does the same, ending up on a parallel gravity conveyor
- Full accumulation photo eye at end of the gravity lane signals the divert conveyor to stop
A Wig-Wag diverter must be used with a 48” wide powered roller conveyor.
- Infeed powered conveyor is a chain driven live roller type
- Powered roller conveyor is more than twice the width of a 55 gallon drum
- Rollers are 2.5” diameter with 11/16” hex axles at 750 lb. capacity each
- Diverter conveyor is a chain driven live roller type
- A powered crossover roller assists the drum transition
- Diverter arm has low friction UHMW bars on each side
- Tension spring is mounted to assist the arm return
- Conveyors are powered by a 1/2 HP gear motor
- Conveyors after diverter are optional, powered or gravity accumulators
All conveyors are built with frames and supports welded together, making each section a superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.