Empty Drum Accumulation Conveyors
Product Details: Item No. 403
Capacity: 100 lbs per drum
Use: For conveying and accumulating empty 55 gallon steel drums
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction
This application bank was designed to accept a full truck load of empty steel drums from a delivery truck. All the drums are accumulated to feed a drum filling operation. The catwalks allow operators to walk up and down the lanes to remove bungs from the incoming drums. Walkover tread plates are also provided between transition powered rollers.
The first batch of empty drums will convey to the fixed diverter at the end of the powered conveyor. When the lane is filled, a blocked photo eye signals the diverter to lower, sending the next batch of drums to the second lane. The same operation continues until all the gravity lanes are filled with drums to feed the filler.
Description of Operation
This is a typical empty drum accumulation bank to unload a trailer truck load into the building and ready to feed a drum filling machine.
- Empty steel drums enter from the top left on powered roller conveyor
- Air operated drum diverters and powered stripper rollers transfer drums at 90 degrees
- The first lane of drums conveys to a fixed drum diverter at the end of the powered conveyor
- A powered stripper roller is used to transfer each drum over the 90 degree thresh hold
- When the lane is filled, a blocked photo eye signals the diverter to lower on the second lane
- The next batch of drums transfer and accumulate until blocking a photo eye for ten seconds
- The next diverter is lowered to send the a new batch of drums onto lane three
- The operation continues until all conveyors are filled with empty drums
- When the filler calls for drums, a drum escapement releases one onto powered roller conveyor
- Drums will transfer 90 degrees again onto another powered conveyor on route to the filler
This is a typical system with gravity and powered roller conveyors to create an empty steel drum accumulation bank sufficient to unload a trailer truck load into the building, to feed a drum filler
- Infeed and discharge lines are chain driven live roller conveyors
- Accumulation lanes are all gravity roller conveyors
- All rollers are 1.9″ diameter with 7/16″ hex axles
- All structural steel channel frames and supports are welded
- One drum diverter is fixed, all others are air cylinder operated
- Each lane has a powered roller for pull empty drums across the thresh hold
- All empty drum escapements are air operated devices
- Free turning urethane wheels guide drums at transfer points
- Platforms are OSHA approved grating panels
- Catwalks are OSHA approved, safety tread panels
- Hand rails and toe guards are OSHA approved
- Crossover tread plates are mounted between rollers
All the conveyors, platforms, walkways, railings, and catwalks were manufactured by Specialty Equipment. All the conveyors were built with structural steel frames and supports welded together, making each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.