Drum Incline Conveyor
Product Details: Item No. 406
Rate: 120 drums per hour, 550 lbs max load
Container: 15 to 55 gallon steel, plastic or fiber empty drums
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction
If your application requires unloading a truck load of empty drums, an Incline belt conveyor is a good application. It’s a simple delivery line and can be used for conveying other items as well. If you put casters on it, this conveyor can be mobilized or moved out of the way when not in use. The infeed ramp pivots up when not in use. A 55 gallon empty drum cannot convey up an incline greater than 12 degrees because of the center of gravity and the inertia of start stop operations.
A full drum will not convey on inclines more than two or three degrees because of the concentrated weight and possibility of tipping over. The belt pull capacity depends on the type and diameter of the drive pulley and the type of the belt. The unit shown has a payload capacity up to 500 lbs.
Description of Operation
This belt conveyor is set at 12 degrees incline, the maximum incline for an empty 55 gallon drum.
- An empty drum is placed on the ramp and rolled up on its on edge
- The drum is left on the belt to convey up the incline
- The drum will transport to the top and transition over the pulley, onto gravity roller conveyor
- At a nominal speed of 45 FPM, a drum can be placed on the belt every 3 seconds
- When not in use, the ramp flips up onto the belt surface
- A mobile carriage can be built to move the conveyor away when not in use
This roller bed belt conveyor is built at a 12 degrees incline, the maximum incline for an empty 55 gallon drum.
- A 24” wide fabric belt laced with alligator lacing
- A 6″ diameter end drive pulley is lagged and mounted for positive traction
- A 6″ diameter end take-up pulley is mounted in take-up bearings
- Rollers are 2.5″ dia. with 11/16 hex axles on 6″ centers
- Frames are 6″ structural channels with 4″ cross members
- Drive is a 1/2 HP gear motor for 45 FPM conveyor speed
- The bang plate and drum ramp folds up when not in use
- 500 lbs. is the capacity of this conveyor when fully loaded
All fillers and conveyors are made with structural steel frames and supports welded together, making each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.