Item No. 406
Drum Incline Conveyor
If the application calls for unloading a truck filled with empty drums, an Incline belt conveyor is a good application, because its a simple delivery line, it can be used for handling other items, its inexpensive, and it can be mobilized or moved out of the way when not in use. However, a 55 gallon empty drum cannot convey up an incline greater than 12 degrees. The limiting factors are the center of gravity of a 24″ diameter drum, and the inertia when stopping and starting the conveyor.
Full drums, (typically 450 lb) will not convey on inclines more than two or three degrees because of the concentrated weight and possibility of tipping over. The belt pull capacity depends on the type and diameter of the drive pulley, and the type of the belt. The unit shown has a payload capacity up to 500 lbs.
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel frames and supports welded together, making each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- An empty drum is placed on the ramp and rolled up on its on edge.
- The drum is left on the belt to convey up the incline
- The drum will transport to the top and transition over the pulley, onto gravity roller conveyor
- At a nominal speed of 45 FPM, a drum can be placed on the belt every 3 seconds.
- When not in use, the ramp flips up onto the belt surface.
- A mobile carriage can be built to move the conveyor away when not in use.
- This roller bed belt conveyor is on a 12 degree incline
- It uses a 6″ dia. end drive pulley, lagged for positive traction
- It has a 6″ dia. take-up pulley mounted in take-up bearings
- Rollers are 2.5″ dia. with 11/16 hex axles on 6″ centers
- Frames are 6″ structural channels with 4″ cross members
- Drive is a 1/2 HP gear motor for 45 FPM conveyor speed
- The bang plate & drum ramp folds up when not in use
Additional Equipment Available
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Palletized drum fillers
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Custom handling equipment