Vibrating Weigh Scale Station
Product Details: Item No. 426
Rate: 10 pallets, boxes, IBC loads per hour
Container: 5,000 lb capacity pallet load, bulk box, IBC, FIBC, bin, etc.
Material: Carbon, galvanized, or stainless steel construction
This combination powered roller conveyor and vibrator machine was built for a dry solids filling station. It will receive a pallet with a box and signal the filler to start. After a predetermined time, vibrating grids will raise the load and shake the box to lower the angle of repose. When lowered, it will resume to the final fill. A typical operation handles a pallet with a bulk box weighing 1,500 to 3,000 lbs. The powered conveyor drives each load into and out of the filling station.
The vibrating weigh scale station is made of four major components:
- A powered roller conveyor
- A platform scale with four load cells
- A pneumatic vibrator
- An air operated lift/lower bar grid
Description of Operation
This vibrating weigh scale station does not include controls. This machine can be used for other applications as well as dry solids filling systems.
- A load will enter the filling station, (weigh scale) and stop at a photo eye
- The operator will press a button to start the fill cycle of dry solids
- The hopper above will drop about 75% of it’s load
- A heavy duty air bag assembly will raise a bar grid
- The pneumatic vibrator begins vibrating the load for a determined time
- The vibrator lowers the angle of repose created by the product
- The load will then be lowered to receive it’s final measure
- The operator will press the button to discharge the full load
This vibrating weigh scale station was designed for a dry solids filling system but can be used for other applications as well. Controls are not included.
- This conveyor will handle loads up to 5,000 lbs
- Powered roller conveyor is a model 2511-50 chain driven live roller type
- Frames are 5′ x 6.7 lb/ft structural steel channels
- Rollers are 2.5′ diameter with 11/16′ axles on 5″ centers
- Rollers have two welded sprockets and one chain loop
- Drive package includes a 1/2 HP gear motor
- Flat bars of steel are welded for the grid bars to hold the load
- Heavy duty pneumatic vibrator with 4″ bore, vibrates at 1400 cycles/minute at 50 psi
- Four pneumatic air bags, lift mechanism, to raise and isolate vibrator from the weigh scale
- Scale is a 5,000 lb capacity platform type with four load cells
- Scale and weight meter are both NTEP approved
All conveyors and related devices are made with structural steel frames and supports welded together to make each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.