Item No. 426
Vibrating Weigh Scale Station
This combination powered roller conveyor and vibrator machine was built for a dry solids filling station. It will receive a pallet with a box and signal the filler to start. After a predetermined time, vibrating grids will raise the load and shake the bulk box to lower the angle of repose made by the dry solids material. When lowered, it will resume to the final fill. A common operation handles a pallet with a bulk box weighing 1,500 to 2,000 lbs. Each vibrating weigh scale station is designed to accommodate a filler that already exists.
The powered conveyor drives each load into and out of the filling station. The vibrating weigh scale station includes, a powered conveyor, a platform scale with four load cells, a pneumatic vibrator, and an air operated lift/lower bar grid to raise the container while its being vibrated, to lower the angle of repose.
Specialty equipment manufactures conveyors and related devices with structural steel frames and supports welded together to make each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- A load will enter the filling station and stop at a photo eye
- The operator will press a button to start the fill cycle
- The hopper above will drop about 75% of it’s load
- An air bag assembly will raise a bar grid weldment
- The pneumatic vibrator begins vibrating the load for a determined time
- The vibrator lowers the angle of repose created by the product
- The load will then be lowered to receive it’s final measure
- The operator will press the button to discharge the full load.
- This conveyor will handle loads up to 5,000 lbs
- Conveyor is a model 2511-50 chain driven live roller type
- Frames are 5′ x 6.7 lb/ft structural steel channels
- Rollers are 2.5′ diameter with 11/16′ axles on 5″ centers
- Rollers have two welded sprockets and one chain loop
- Drive package includes a 1/2 HP gear motor
- Flat bars of steel are welded for the grid bars to hold the load.
- Heavy duty pneumatic vibrator with 4″ bore, vibrates at 1400 cycles/minute at 50 psi
- Four pneumatic air bags, lift mechanism, to raise and isolate vibrator from the weigh scale
- Scale is a 5,000 lb capacity platform type with four load cells
- Scale and weight meter are both NTEP approved
- All-welded structural steel, painted superstructure
Additional Equipment Available
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & Transfer cars
- Drum dumpers & tippers
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Palletized drum fillers
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Quad drum fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless fume booths
- Drum and pail palletizers
- Custom dry solids fillers
- Custom handling equipment