Item No. 416
Stainless Drum Conveyors
This all-stainless conveyor system was built for handling 55 gallon steel drums filled with a liquid food additive. Each drum coming from the filler operation weighs 450 lbs. Two drums are conveyed in tandem throughout the system because they will be picked-up by the fork truck in pairs. The front line has full drums coming from a filler in another room. The other lines have full drums coming from a filler to the left.
Powered conveyors are used to control the flow of tandem drums. A photo eye is mounted every five feet to allow indexing accumulation where drums index from zone to zone in pairs. The three lanes are staggered lengths because the fork truck will pick-up from the far side. The first line is 30 ft, the second line is 25 feet, and the third is 20 feet long.
The entire system is subject to periodic wash down, so the conveyors are stainless steel, the motors are wash down duty, and the controls and wiring are water tight. The drum diverters are operated by air cylinders.
Description of Operation
- The conveyor equipment and devices are all food grade quality construction.
- Full drums will enter the room, (left) on powered conveyors.
- An air operated drum escapement will stop the first drum and wait for a second.
- When two drums are in tandem, the escapement will allow them to pass on powered conveyor
- Both drums will be diverted onto a powered conveyor with five foot accumulation zones
- Drums will automatically convey to the end of the line in tandem
- A photo eye recognizes the last zone filled and shuts it down.
- The next two drums transfer and convey to the next available zone and stop.
- This operation continues until each five foot zone is filled with two drums
- When a fork truck removes a pair of drums, the next pair automatically moves up
- The sequence is the same for the line on the right.
- All conveyors are chain driven live roller type.
- Rollers, axles, bearings, sprockets, & chains are stainless
- All the frames & supports are stainless steel
- Rollers are 2.5″ dia. with 11/16″ hex axles
- Rollers are spaced on 5″ centers
- Frames are 6″ deep channels
- Supports are 4″ channels welded to the frames
- Drives are 1/2 HP gear motors, wash down duty
- Conveyor speed is 30 FPM, faster speeds available
- Conveyor capacity is 1,200 lbs per linear foot
Additional Equipment Available
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Palletized drum fillers
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Custom dry solids fillers
- Custom handling equipment