Item No. 101
Palletized Drum Filler – Stand Alone
Filling three, four, or five drums on a pallet is recommended whenever drums are to be stored or shipped in the same pattern. This model DF-5540, stand-alone, palletized drum filler, is both a top and sub-surface filling operation. It was designed for batch operations because it won’t justify the cost of automating the loads to and from the filler. This particular model filler is devoted to filling only 55 gallon drums, which is why it has a short mast. The customer has no need to fill containers other than drums. However, this machine can also fill smaller containers like; 5, 15, and 30 gallon drums when used in the sub-surface mode. The platform scale is normally loaded and unloaded by a fork truck. However, a ramp can also be used to load and unload the scale using a pallet jack, if necessary.
To see a pallet load of drums automatically conveyed to and from the filling station, see; Drum & Tote Filling System, Item 102.
Fillers and conveyors are manufactured with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- The filler is both a top and sub-surface filling operation for filling 5 to 55 gallon containers
- The operator presses a button on the handle to release the boom to guide the lance to the bung opening of any drum he chooses
- The operator releases the button and the boom is automatically locked in place.
- When the operator presses the start button on the handle the lance travels into the drum.
- The machine will automatically zero the tare weight then start the fill cycle
- When the liquid reaches near the top, the machine cycles to slow speed to top off the drum and minimize foaming.
- The lance retracts automatically when the predetermined weight is achieved
- The operator presses the button on the handle again to release the boom and guide the lance to the next drum.
- The fill rate is 45 seconds to fill a 55 gallon drum with water, at 80 gallons per minute product flow
- This filler is both a top and sub-surface filling machine
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless steel
- Two infeed full-port ball valves control product hammering
- Scale is 5,000 lb capacity platform type
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC with 250 product menu
- Touch screen is an Allen Bradley color PanelView
- NEMA 4 standard control panel enclosure, others optional
- RS-232 port for optional data acquisition & printer connection
- Air cylinder raises and lowers the lance carriage
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Air operated drip pan and UHMW wiper ring
- Built in fume hood at the lance for vapor collection
- Will automatically zero the tare weight before filling
- Automatic abort if lance is not aligned with bung opening
- Operator troubleshoot interface with prompts
- Heavy duty brakes for boom position locking
- Rugged structural steel stanchion and lance carriage
- Fills a 55 gallon drum with water in 45 seconds at 80 gallons per minute product flow
- Spare lance
- Air operated fume skirt
- Lance rack
- Kynar lance for corrosives
- Sampling valve
- Type X or Z purge
- NEMA 7 enclosures
- Lance flush adapter
- Filling data printout
- Nitrogen purging
Additional Equipment Available
- Automatic drum filler
- Drum & pail filling systems
- Stainless steel fillers
- Fume booth fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Pallet conveyors & transfers
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Custom handling equipment