Item No. 605
This standard, automatic machine is a rugged, air- over-electric pail palletizer that will create a stack of 2, or 3, or 4 pails, in any sequence programmed. It uses a pneumatic upstacker to create the stacks of pails then slides each stack onto an up and down, in and out stripper plate, which places them onto a pallet. The entire system is designed with seven separate machines; (1) an automatic pallet dispenser to discharge each pallet upon command, (2) the pneumatic upstacker to create a 2, 3, or 4 pail stack, (3) The side pusher device that slides each stack onto the stripper plate, (4) a retractable steel stripper plate to receive the rows of stacks, (5) four pneumatic stack stabilizers to hold down stacks, (6) the infeed pail conveyor, and (7) the discharge pallet conveyor.
The standard stacking rate is 12 pails per minute, adjustable to 15 per minute. If a second upstacker is used, the rate can double to 30 pails per minute.This machine was built to operate seven days per week, twenty-four hours a day.
Description of Operation
- Pails will convey and accumulate in line at an pneumatic upstacker mechanism.
- The upstacker will raise a pail to allow clearance for another to be conveyed under it.
- A clamp device will hold the first pail while a second conveys under it.
- The first pail is then lowered onto the second.
- The second pail will be raised, allowing a third to move under it.
- The stack of pails will be moved onto the stripper plate to allow the cycle to repeat.
- A pallet will automatically dispense onto the loading conveyor.
- Each stack has an air operated clamping device to keep it stable until transferred
- The rows of stacks are moved onto the pallet
- The stripper plate retracts to allow the row of stacked pails to sit on the pallet
- The pallet is indexed forward for each new row of pails
- After each pallet is loaded, it will convey downstream allowing a new pallet into position
- The standard rate is 12 pails per minute, adjustable up to 15 pails per minute
- This is an electro/pneumatic operation
- Upstacker is pneumatic with spring returned hands
- Pneumatic side pusher device with a bi-parting gate
- Retractable steel stripper plate, operated by electric motor
- Air operated stripper plate, lifted & lowered by air bags
- A 5′ long, powered roller conveyor for incoming pails
- Allen Bradley SLC Controller in NEMA 12 panel
- A 5′ long, powered roller conveyor for outgoing pallets
- Air bags are used for all short-stroke devices
- Air cylinders activate the hold-down plates
- Automatic air loss stop and ball valve shut off
- Expanded metal guarding to meet safety requirements
- Overall dimensions, approx. 19′ long x 12′ wide x 8′ tall
- Frame has 4″ square steel uprights and cross bracing
- All-welded, heavy duty steel construction, enamel painted
- Machine is completely assembled and tested
- Stacking pail rate is 12 pails per minute
Additional Equipment Available
- Palletized drum & tote filler
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Quad drum fillers
- Bag-in-box filler
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Drum conveyors
- Drum rotators
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & Transfer cars
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Drum palletizers
- Empty drum palletizers
- Dry solids fillers
- Custom made fume booths
- Custom handling equipment