Item No. 304
Oversize Pallet Dispensers
This unique, oversized pallet dispenser, is a custom made machine. It was designed to handle a nine foot wide pallet in a stack up to five feet high. The system will automatically dispense a pallet from the bottom of the magazine at rate of two pallets per minute. The dispenser was installed in a manufacturing plant to operate twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Like most dispensers, this machine has a Z configuration where pallets are loaded into a magazine on one side then discharged out the other side. An eight foot long, air operated scissors lift, raises and lowers the nine foot long pallet stack while several pairs of retracting clamps holds the remaining stack, leaving one pallet at the bottom to convey out upon command.
Specialty Equipment manufacturers the highest quality pallet dispensers, conveyors and machinery. Many of the systems are custom made, but all the equipment carries with it a well known reputation for rugged, long lasting construction.
Description of Operation
- A special fork truck loads the magazine with a stack of pallets up to 5′ high
- When called for, the stack is raised by an air operated scissors lift
- A double set of pneumatic clamps attaches to the second pallet in the stack
- The bottom pallet is left on the scissors lift
- The scissors lift lowers between a two strand chain conveyor
- The pallet is left on the chains and conveyed out of the dispenser
- The stack is then lowered and the cycle repeats
- The air operated scissors lift has a 3,500 lb capacity
- Pneumatic clamps are built to pivot and hold up the stack
- Pivoting steel clamps are activated by heavy duty air bags
- Chain conveyor uses two strands of 2060 chains
- Conveyor has a 1/2 HP gear motor drive
- Dispenser is controlled by an Allen Bradley PLC
- All controls are enclosed in a NEMA 12 panel
- Steel plates help strip the stack from the fork truck
- Construction is 4″ square tubing, all welded structure.
- All OSHA compliant safety guarding is provided
- A fully assembled, wired, piped, and tested machine.
- The discharge rate is two pallets per minute
- Additional discharge conveyors
- Twenty pallet magazine
- Ethernet card option
- Safety swing-out gates
Additional Equipment Available
- Drum & pail palletizers
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Custom handling equipment