Item No. 701
Hazardous Drum Filling
This custom-made, dry solids filling system was built to automatically fill 55 gallon open-mouth drums with highly combustible powder. At the fill station a robot arm with suction cups shuttles to the drum to remove and hold the lid then shuttles back. Before filling, a special dust cover lowers over the open-mouth drum to seal it for dust collection during the filling cycle.
The drum is rotated for labeling before it enters the first air lock. Once inside, a guillotine door closes to seal it in. The dust collection vents and windows are on the back side of the system. A full cover attached to the fill spout has a port for connecting to a dust collection system.
The fully automatic all-stainless steel system includes; a drum rotator at the labeling and infeed station, an air lock prior to the filler, the filler and lid removal/replacement robotic device, an air lock after the filler, a wash down watering system, special baffles and vents, explosion proof controls, all powered conveyors, pneumatic drum positioning devices, four guillotine doors, two maintenance doors, and six plastic see-through windows.
- This is a custom-made, automatic, dry solids drum filling operation
- There is a drum rotator at the entry point for labeling each drum
- An air lock is built prior to entering the filling booth
- An air operated guillotine door is built at the entry and discharge points
- A shuttle device is built above the drum filling station
- A set of vacuum cups hangs from the shuttle device
- A pneumatic drum positioning devices is located at the filling station
- An air operated dust cover is lowered over the open mouth drum
- A dust collection system is built within the booth
- An emergency, water wash-down system is built inside the booth
- There are special baffles and vents strategically located on the booth
- All controls are rated for explosion proof classification
- There are a total of four guillotine doors, all air operated
- All the conveyors are powered live roller with explosion proof drives
- Two access doors are provided for maintenance of the equipment
- There are six plastic, see-through windows on the sides and front
- This is an all-stainless steel, one piece system on a welded superstructure frame