Item No. 150
Gravity Conveyor for Pallet Jacks
When you don’t have a conventional fork lift, or when space won’t allow fork truck access, you can use a hand pallet jack to pick-up or drop-off heavy loads. This custom made gravity roller conveyor uses 2.5″ diameter rollers for loads up to 3,000 lbs. and 3.5″ diameter rollers for loads up to 8,000 lbs. A ramp must be used to gain elevation and provide a level surface for the pallet load to be at the same level as the pallet jack forks. If a ramp is not available, these conveyors can be placed in a pit in the floor, thereby making the load at floor level.
Specialty Equipment builds conveyors with structural steel channel frames and supports welded together to create a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- This unit must have a ramp-up then-level surface used with the application
- If a ramp is not available, a pit in the floor will suffice to mount the conveyor
- The pallet must have bottom runners (skis) in the direction of travel
- The operator pushes the pallet jack up into the pick up station.
- The operator captures the pallet load from the roller surface
- The pallet jack moves back down the ramp
- The same functions are used for dropping off a pallet load.
- If mounted in a pit, the operation is simply a drive-in, drive-out process.
- This unit is made with three gravity roller sections 5′ long
- The two outer sections has rollers 8″ wide between frames
- The inner section has rollers 6″ wide between frames
- Outer frames are made from 5′ structural channel
- inner frames are made from 4″ structural angles, toed in
- Rollers are 2.5″ diameter with 11/16″ hex axles
- Gravity rollers are spaced 3″ on centers
- Conveyor capacity is 2,500 lbs per linear foot
Additional Equipment Available
- Heavy duty pallet dispenser
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & Transfer cars
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Custom handling equipment