Item No. 22
Fume Skirts for Fillers
This is a very popular filler accessory, because it is the least expensive device for removing up to 99% of dangerous fumes from the filling station. This Teflon bellows/skirt is designed to accept and collect the fumes during the drum or tote filling cycle. It is also a safety device, because it prevents liquid splash back during the filling operation. The air operated device is built onto the fume box and lowers a plate with a Teflon bellows attached. It pushes the nipple of the bellows into the bung opening of the drum while the bladder rests on top of the drum.
The bellows creates a seal for the fumes to be drawn out through a port on the side of the fume box. The filler controller automatically adjusts for the added weight of the bellows during the auto-tare process. A customer provided exhauster hooks up to the one inch port to draw the fumes away. The bellows retracts when the lance retracts at the completion of the fill cycle. This accessory can be added to any standard filler made by Specialty Equipment Corp.
Description of Operation
- The operator presses the start button on the handle
- The lance is lowered into the container and the fume skirt follows
- An air cylinder pushes the bellows down to seal the bung opening.
- The controller automatically adjusts for the added weight
- The controller tares the drum and bellows to zero weight
- During the fill cycle, fumes rise up the bellows chamber
- Fumes are sucked out by an exhauster, (not included)
- When the drum is filled, the lance automatically retracts
- The bellows retracts as the lance rises to its home position
Additional Equipment Available
- Palletized drum & tote fillers
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Automatic pail fillers
- Automatic drum fillers
- Quad drum fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Special fume booths
- Custom made fillers