Item No. 401
Full Drum Accumulation Conveyors
To save floor space, and to position four drums for fork truck pick-up, here is a custom made, twin lane, full drum accumulator. The rollers are gravity, pitched to allow 450 lb drums to flow freely, but not enough to let them crash. When a fork truck removes four full drums, a photo eye recognizes the vacancy and signals the upstream drum escapement to release another group of four drums, (two from each lane) to gravitate to the end, where they are cradled by the padded drum stops.
The third drum in each line is held back by the air operated drum escapement which uses a set of steel pins in front and behind the drum. When the front pins lower to release a drum, the back pins raise up between the rollers behind it, holding back the second and remaining drums in accumulation. When a photo eye recognizes two full drums in each lane, the escapement is locked in place to hold back the line. This holding back reduces the line pressure, which allows the fork truck no resistance when lifting up four drums.
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- The roller system was designed to handle 450 lb steel drums.
- Each accumulation conveyor is made with two lanes of gravity rollers
- Full drums are conveyed past a wig-wag diverter onto one of the two lines of accumulation
- When two drums are at the end of any lane, that lane activates an escapement
- The escapement holds back all the remaining drums until the first two are removed
- The fork truck will remove two drums from each of the twin lanes, (four drums total)
- Once removed, a signal is sent for the escapement to release two more drums.
- Upon arrival, a photo eye sees the second drum in each lane and shuts down the escapement.
- The fork truck again removes four drums and the cycle repeats
- Each conveyor is made with two lanes of gravity rollers
- Outer frames are 4″ structural steel channels
- The inner rail is 5″ structural angle, welded
- Supports are 4″ structural channels welded to the frames
- Rollers are 2.5″ dia. with 11/16″ hex axles, 750 lb capacity
- Rollers are alternating on 4″ centers at the center rail
- Drum escapement uses an air cylinder and 1″ steel rods
- The curved end stops are bolt-on, adjustable drum cradles.
- Cradles have ruff top conveyor belting for padding.
Additional Equipment Available
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Palletized drum fillers
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Custom handling equipment