Item No. 151
Extra Wide Drum Conveyor
This custom-made, seven foot wide, powered roller conveyor is built to handle empty drums as they move diagonally down the conveyor, onto one of three accumulation lanes. This application consists of three types of conveyors; (1) an incline belt conveyor to bring drums up to the necessary height, (2) a wide powered roller conveyor to receive drums and allow them to move diagonally across the width, and (3) a three lane gravity roller accumulation conveyor for drums to be ready for a filling operation.
The powered roller conveyor has hardened rolls to handle the steel rim edges and the dragging of drums across the width. The three lanes of gravity are for accumulating drums prior to a filling operation. The air operated drum diverter guides each container to lane two or three. When the diverter is retracted, (as shown) drums will convey down lane one automatically.
All conveyor sections built by Specialty Equipment are made with structural steel channels, cross members, and the supports welded to the frames, creating a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- This operation is built with three custom conveyors
- Empty drums arrive on an incline belt conveyor at the right side of the rollers.
- Each drum transfers onto the roller conveyor and is normally conveyed straight ahead, onto lane one
- When lane one is filled, a photo eye recognizes it and signals the air operated diverter to activate
- The diverter then guides each drum to lane two, until it is full.
- The cycle repeats for lane three until full
- This custom unit has a chain driven live roller and three gravity roller conveyors
- Powered rollers are 2.5″ diameter with RC50 sprockets and 11/16″ hex axles.
- Gravity rollers are 2.5″ diameter with 11/16″ hex axles space 4″ on centers
- Powered conveyor frames are 5″ x 6.7 lb structural channels
- Gravity conveyors use 4″ structural channel outer & 4″ angles inner rails
- Three lane gravity conveyor is built on a common, welded chassis
- Supports are 4″ x 5.4 lb/ft structural channels welded to the frames
- Drive package on powered conveyor is 1/2 HP gear motor, side mounted
- Diverter arm is air operated and uses UHMW for smooth transitioning
- The incline belt conveyor feeding the powered roller line is optional