Item No. 116
Automatic Twin Pail Filling System
This unique filler was designed to fill a pair of 5, 30, and 55 gallon plastic containers, simultaneously. No operator is necessary at the filler. With a minor program adjustment, it was also designed to fill a pair of 5 gallon jugs simultaneously, as seen above. The equipment has a drum rotator station at the entry point for when 30 to 55 gallon drums are to be filled. When filling 5 gallon jugs, they will bypass the drum rotator. An air cylinder, with a flip-up attachment, shuttles a pair of five gallon jugs onto a two strand chain conveyor, which indexes the jugs directly to the dual filler stations. A devoted size and shaped plastic jug was used in this operation.
In this automatic, sub-surface filler application, two jugs will line-up under the lances and the scales will raise them off the chains then signal the machine to fill both of them simultaneously. Jugs are accumulated before an air operated shuttle device, so that containers are always available and ready to be filled. Each jug will rest on a scale, so fill weight accuracy is assured. The filler rate, with water, is ten pails per minute at 80 gallons per minute input.
Six machines make up this system; (1) a twin jug pusher device, (2) two automatic fillers, (3) two air operated up/down scales, and (4) a twin strand chain conveyor. This system requires bungs to be removed from empty containers before they enter the shuttle device.
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each section a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- The filler is a model ADO-5510 with several modifications
- This dual-filler machine was designed for filling drums as well as pails
- An air operated indexer shuttles two pails onto the chain conveyor
- The drum rotator will be bypassed when the filler has pails in line.
- Containers index forward on the accumulation chain conveyor.
- Containers stop when they reach the twin fill stations
- The two filler scale rise up between the chains.
- The controller will zero the tare weight before starting the filler
- Both lances enter the containers simultaneously
- When the liquid reaches the tip of the lance, the system shifts into fast-fill mode.
- Near the top, the system shifts again to slow speed, to top off each container.
- The lances retract automatically ending the fill cycle.
- The scales retract under the conveyor leaving containers on the chains
- Full containers are indexed out while another pair of empties enter.
- Filler is a model ADO-5510 with two lance carriages
- This dual-filler will fill drums as well as pails
- Both lances are subsurface and a top-fill machines
- Lance and all other wetted parts are 316 stainless steel
- Two infeed full-port ball valves at each lance manifold
- Platform type scales are each 1,000 lb capacity
- Pneumatically operated drip pans
- Controller is an Allen Bradley PLC with 250 product menu
- Touch screen is an Allen Bradley color PanelView
- RS-232 port for optional data acquisition and printer connection
- NTEP approved weight meters and load cells
- NEMA 4 standard enclosure, others optional
- Filler has three filling speeds; slow/fast/shot, if needed
- Automatically will zero the tare weight before filling starts
- Operator troubleshooting interface with prompts
- Filler won’t start without containers present
- Automatic abort if lances are not aligned with bung openings
- Rugged, all-welded stanchion and lance carriage
- Infeed & discharge conveyors
- Spare lance assembly
- Lance rack & flush station
- Kynar lance for corrosives
- Sampling valve
- Type X or Z purge
- Lance flush adapter
- Fume booth
- Automatic container grounding
- Nitrogen purging system
Additional Equipment Available
- Drum & pail palletizers
- Stainless steel drum & pail fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Pallet conveyors & transfers
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Custom handling equipment