Item No. 603
Custom Palletizer, Boxes and Drums
This rugged drum palletizer is actually a custom made, pick and place robot. It operates twenty-four hours a day as an air-over-electric machine that automatically lifts 1, 2, or 3 products from an infeed conveyor and carries them over to a designated pallet position then gently places them down. The system was designed and built for gentle handling of loads that must not be crushed or dented. This rugged system can load steel, poly, or fiber drums up to 500 lbs each, or boxes/bins up to 150 lbs each with a simple change-over of pneumatic clamps. Changeover clamps take about one hour to set up.
The system was designed with six major components; (1) an automatic pallet dispenser, (2) an air operated pallet squaring device, (3) the infeed powered roller conveyor, (4) a four-wheeled payload carriage, (5) air operated clamps for drums and boxes, (6) the discharge full pallet conveyor. The rate for loading 150 lb boxes is 6 per minute. The rate for 55 gallon drums is 4 per minute. The system was designed and built to operate twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Description of Operation
- Drums, or boxes, will convey in line at the pick up station
- Additional containers are accumulated behind an escapement device
- Containers are positioned and picked up from the staging conveyor.
- A special air operated clamp is used to prevent any product damage.
- An empty pallet is discharged from the automatic dispenser and conveyed to the loading position.
- A special carriage with lifting fingers moves into position placing a set of fingers under each container
- Air-operated clamps are lowered to grip the top of each container, signalling the carriage to start.
- The items are lifted by an electric carriage above and carried over to the waiting pallet position.
- At the arrival point, the carriage lowers and releases the batch.
- The carriage then rises and retracts to its home position.
- Another set of containers is automatically conveyed into the pick-up position
- The loading rate for 150 lb boxes is 6 per minute
- The loading rate for 55 gallon drums is four per minute
- This machine is an electro/pneumatic operation
- An automatic pallet dispenser is included
- Air bags are used for all short-stroke devices
- Air cylinders lift and lower the carriage
- Carriage is driven by forward/reverse gear motor
- Carriage has a chain drive with an encoder
- Allen Bradley PLC controller in NEMA 12 panel
- Automatic air loss stop and ball valve shut off
- Expanded metal guarding meets all safety requirements
- A 5′ powered roller conveyor for incoming containers
- A 5′ powered roller conveyor for outgoing pallets
- Frame has 4″ square steel uprights & cross bracing
- Fully welded, steel construction, enamel painted
- Overall dimensions, approx. 17′ long x 14′ wide x 8′ tall
- Machine is completely assembled and tested
Additional Equipment Available
- Palletized drum & tote filler
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Quad drum fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Drum conveyors
- Drum rotators
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & transfer cars
- Pail palletizers
- Empty drum palletizers
- Dry solids fillers
- Custom made fume booths
- Custom handling equipment