Item No. 702
Automatic Bulk Box Filler
This L-shaped system with a 90 degree turntable to maintain pallet orientation was designed for a customer with limited floor space. It is a custom designed automatic, dry solids filling system for plastic pellets. This one-of-a-kind machine is a fill by weight operation using a platform scale with a powered roller conveyor surface. It includes an air operated, telescoping hood that lowers over the box to collect dust during the filling cycle, and an air operated vibrator the lower the angle of repose during the filling operation.
Additional components include; (1) an automatic pallet dispenser, (2) an automatic glue dispenser, (3) infeed powered roller conveyors, (4) a 90 degree powered turntable, (5) a dust collection exhauster, (6) a vibrating device to lower the angle of repose, (7) steps and platform, (8) a see-through viewing wall, and (9) discharge pallet conveyors. The filling rate is 1,200 lbs per minute, or one box per minute filled.
Specialty Equipment manufactures fillers and conveyors with structural steel stanchions, frames and supports welded together, making each unit a one-piece superstructure, the most rugged standard in the industry.
Description of Operation
- This is an L-shaped system with a 90 degree turntable to maintain pallet orientation.
- An automatic pallet dispenser discharges a load upon demand
- An automatic glue dispenser sprays the pallet as it move onto the first zone.
- If the filler is occupied, pallet loads accumulate on conveyor zones prior to the turntable
- When called, the load conveys onto the turntable and rotates 90 degrees
- The load then conveys onto the filling station
- Upon arrival, a signal is sent to begin the fill and vibrate operation
- A telescoping dust collector automatically lowers over the box sealing the mouth
- The entire load is tarred to zero weight
- The main gate valve opens and the platform scale registers the accumulating weight.
- When the contents reaches 75% full, the filler will stop
- An air operated mechanism raises the load and vibrates it for a predetermined time
- This vibrating lowers the angle of repose created by the product
- After vibrating, the load lowers and signals the fill cycle to complete the fill operation
- When filled to the predetermined weight, a signal is sent to raise the dust collector and discharge the load
- Automatic pallet-to-box glue dispenser
- Chain driven live roller conveyors
- 90° air operated turntable
- Chain driven live roller turntable conveyor
- Stainless steel telescoping fill spout
- Stainless dust cover and collection system
- Air operated lift and vibrate fill station
- Electronic platform scale with load cells
- NTEP approved scale and weight meter
- Powered, discharge accumulation conveyor
- Allen Bradley PLC controller in NEMA 12 panel
- System was designed, built and tested at our plant
Additional Equipment Available
- Palletized drum fillers
- Single drum & pail fillers
- Quad drum fillers
- Stainless steel fillers
- Stainless steel conveyors
- Roller & belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors & transfers
- Turntables & Transfer cars
- Drum dumpers & tippers
- Pallet dispensers & collectors
- Automatic slip sheet dispenser
- Custom handling equipment